These cabbage wedges are easily seasoned and super simple to make. Because roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness, this healthy side dish delivers a depth of flavor that steaming and sautéing don’t offer. Cabbage is a great cruciferous vegetable that adds a lot to soups and stir-fries; however, here it stands alone as a fine addition to any dinner.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 24 minutes
Total Time: 34 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 wedge
Cabbage (1 medium head or 1/2 large head)
3 tablespoons vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut cabbage head in half and lay cut side down. Cut into half-inch slices and place on silicone pad or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
3. Combine broth and seasonings.
4. Drizzle broth-seasoning mixture generously over cabbage slices.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Rotate pan 180° and cook for another 12 minutes, or until cabbage edges are charred.
6. Serve according to your taste: as-is, with a Parmesan cheese substitute, with a squeeze of lemon, or with a sprinkling of black pepper.
Nutritional Data: calories 29.47, fat 0.37g, saturated fat 0.03g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 156.89mg, carbohydrates 6.30g, fiber 2.66g, sugars 0.05g, protein 1.41g
Created by Heather Leno, Copyright © AdventHealth Press