A nice combination of fresh veggies and chicken-like pieces, roasted to bring out their flavor. Wrapping this mixture in a tortilla is an easy way to get everyone, including children, to eat their veggies. If you don’t overfill the wraps, you can eat them with your hands. These wraps are great for sack lunches, picnics, or hikes. The filling is also delicious in fajitas, burritos, and tacos.
Serving Size: 5 wraps
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
5 large whole-wheat tortillas
1/3 cup Simple Eggless Mayo (or Vegenaise)
1 recipe Roasted Vegetable Filling (below)
Roasted Vegetable Filling
1/2 cup Soy Curls or 8 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes 1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon chicken-style seasoning 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos 1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch slices 1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces (optional)
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, cut into fourths (optional)
Sweet and Sour Marinade
1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 tablespoon honey or other liquid sweetener
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1. To prepare roasted vegetable filling, in a saucepan or microwave-safe container, combine Soy Curls with water and seasonings. Bring to a boil and let stand for 10 minutes. If using tofu, omit water and coat with same seasonings.
2. In a separate bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
3. Set oven to broil. Add vegetables to Sweet and Sour Marinade and mix to coat vegetables.
4. Drain excess. Add soaked Soy Curls or seasoned tofu. Spread mixture in lightly oiled sheet pan or large casserole dish. Broil uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
5. Place tortillas one at a time in preheated skillet over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds.
6. Spread one tablespoon of Simple Mayo down the center of each tortilla, followed by 3/4 cup of vegetable filling. Add lettuce if desired.
7. Fold up the bottom and roll up the sides to make a wrap.
8. Serve immediately. May also be served chilled or microwaved for a few seconds to warm.
Nutritional Data: calories 244.92, fat 8.39g, saturated fat 3.21g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 592.29mg, carbohydrates 38.62g, fiber 6.36g, sugars 3.54g, protein 8.37g
This CREATION Life featured recipe is brought to you courtesy of AdventHealth Press.
Created by Neva Brackett, Copyright © AdventHealth Press